Monday, June 09, 2008

This and that....


A month ago, I was in Stonington, CT on business. My colleagues and I stayed at the beautiful Stonington Inn. On my way out for dinner one night, I noticed a beautiful lady dressed in turquoise enjoying the sunset with her husband. I kept thinking of her all night, I had seen her before, but where? It turns out, it was Alexandra Stoddard. She is staying at the inn temporarily with her husband, Peter. I wish I had the chance to say hello, to tell her that she is truly inspiring.

Some words to live by;

Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures - H. Jackson Brown Jr.

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been - Diane Arbus

There are only two ways to live your life...one is as though nothing is a miracle, and the other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy. - Anne Frank

Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments. - Rose Kennedy

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. - Oprah Winfrey

4 comments:

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

just found your blog and im really enjoying it.
smiles,
Sandy

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I love Rose Kennedy's saying, but do my children I always add that life isn't what the "earth" portrays as milestones, but the milestones that aren't publically known, such as moments of compassion, sympathy, and faith.

Cindy said...

Love all the sayings. Your blog is so beautiful. I think I came by once, before, but did not have time to really take it all in. It's just gorgeous. And thank you for stopping by to see me! I do appreciate it. : D

I'll visit again.
c

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

Hello! I am so glad that you dropped by my blog the other day and left a comment because now I have found yours!! You are so creative...and Canadian too!! I've added you to my blog roll cuz I'll be back!!